Three-Day Advanced Course:
Artificial Intelligence with Bayesian Networks & BayesiaLab
University of Phoenix, 203 N. LaSalle St, Classroom 1344, Chicago, IL 60601
June 26-28, 2017, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. (daily)
Take your BayesiaLab certification to the next level by joining the advanced BayesiaLab course in Cambridge. Completing this course brings you to the leading edge of applied research with Bayesian networks. Dr. Lionel Jouffe, CEO of Bayesia, will teach this 3-day course.
The class is limited to a maximum of 15 participants in order to allow for one-on-one coaching during the hands-on exercises with BayesiaLab. This small-group format provides a productive yet informal learning environment that facilitates a lively dialog between participants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Participants in the Advanced Course are required to have completed the Introductory Course on a previous date (see course calendar).
- Manual Modeling with BEKEE
- Probability Table Analysis
- Parameter Sensitivity Analysis
- Function Nodes
- Influence Diagrams
- Dynamic Bayesian Networks
- Bayesian Updating
- Discretization of the Continuous Variables
- Aggregation of the Discrete States
- Missing Values Processing
- Synthesis of New Variables (Manual Synthesis and Data Clustering)
- Fine-Tuning of Learning Algorithms
- Evidence Analysis
- Target Optimization
- Contribution Analysis
- Negative and Disjunctive Inference
- Evidence Instantiation and Evidence Data Weighting
Terms & Conditions
- The tuition fee for the 3-day course for commercial participants is US$2,995.
- Members of government agencies, the military and non-profit organizations are eligible for a reduced tuition fee of US$2,245 (≈25% discount).
- Student and faculty of accredited academic institutions are eligible for a reduced tuition fee of US$1,495 (50% discount). Proof of affiliation will be required upon registration.
- The course fee includes all training materials.
- Accommodation is at the participants' own expense.
- A 60-day license to the full version of BayesiaLab Professional Edition will be provided to all participants for installation on their computers prior to the event.
- Participants will be required to bring their own WiFi-enabled computer/laptop to the course (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, or Mac OS X 10.8 or later).
- We strongly recommend using a mouse during the training as opposed to using a trackpad/touchpad only.
- We reserve the right to cancel or postpone a course or related event(s) at our sole discretion. If we cancel or postpone a course or event, we will use reasonable efforts to reschedule the cancelled or postponed course or event to within three (3) months from its original start date. Registration fees paid by registrants for a cancelled or postponed course can be applied to the rescheduled event on a dollar-for-dollar basis. Alternatively, the registrant can elect to receive a full refund. If this occurs, our responsibility is limited to a refund of any registration fee(s) already paid. We are not responsible for airline tickets, hotels costs, other tickets or payments, or any similar fee penalties or related or unrelated losses, costs and/or expenses registrant may incur or have incurred as a result of any trip cancellations or changes. Please allow five (5) business days for us to process any refunds or credit changes.
- We reserve the right to change any and all instructors for each course or event without notice.