New Release: BayesiaLab 7
Since 2001, BayesiaLab has been the undisputed reference standard for Bayesian network software. Version 7 raises the bar even higher by further expanding the range of research and analytics applications of the Bayesian Network formalism. With BayesiaLab 7, the powerful properties of the Bayesian Network paradigm can be better utilized than ever for exploring complex, high-dimensional problem domains.
Virtual Reality for Exploring Bayesian Networks
Get ready to explore Bayesian networks like never before! In cooperation with Clarté, a technology resource center specialized in Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality, we developed a new virtual reality mode for BayesiaLab 7, which utilizes the Oculus Rift headset to immerse you into your networks. You can now study Bayesian networks in three dimensions, just like physical objects. Complex networks with hundreds or thousands of nodes, which used to be difficult to comprehend, can be explored intuitively. All of BayesiaLab's information-theoretic measures, e.g. Mutual Information, Bayes Factor, or Node Force, can be visualized in real-time as you hold and turn your network to analyze it from all angles.
BayesiaLab 7 Feature Highlights
- Using Confidence Intervals, you can estimate the amount of uncertainty associated with the (conditional) distributions of your machine-learned networks.
- Resampling allows you to measure the variability of your estimations with Jackknife, Data Perturbation and Bootstrap, as well as the quality of your learning configurations with K-Fold.
- You can examine your Bayesian network models in three dimensions with the new 3D Mapping tool.
- You can leverage the power and flexibility of Function Nodes with BayesiaLab's optimization tools.
- GIS Mapping allows you to visualize your data and inference results on Google Maps.
- New options are available for Data Clustering, including Heterogeneity, Multi-Net, and Random Weights, which help you find better solutions for data segmentation tasks.
For a complete documentation of all new features, please see the BayesiaLab Library.
Bayesia's CEO and co-founder, Dr. Lionel Jouffe, explained some of the innovations of BayesiaLab 7 at his presentation at the 5th Annual BayesiaLab Conference in Paris, September 28-29, 2017.
Note to Current BayesiaLab Users
Existing users will be prompted to download the new version when they start up their current version of BayesiaLab (5.4 or higher). Alternatively, you can check for available updates via the Help menu in BayesiaLab.
The upgrade is free for all rented/term licenses and for perpetual licenses with a current Technical Support subscription. If your subscription has expired, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can let you know about renewal options.
Note to New Users
For those new to BayesiaLab, you can download a 30-day trial by registering here: Register & Download the BayesiaLab 7 Trial. If you've already tried BayesiaLab in the past, we invite you to start a fresh evaluation.